Posted 12/12/08 1:25 pm EST by mtvn in show
So you think you know your MTV shows? Prove it!
Add this Facebook application to test your knowledge of the shows you love on MTV!
• Prove the depth of your devotion by taking MTV quizzes
• Challenge your friends to beat your scores
• Climb the leaderboard to become the recognized most knowledgeable fan of a show (or shows) among your friends or across all of Facebook
• Show off your achievements by adding MTV Show Quizzes to your profile
• Keep watching for new quizzes, because we'll be looking for new ways to measure your MTV intelligence and we'll add more shows all the time
It's time to put what you know about MTV series like The Hills, The Real World, MADE and more to the test with MTV Show Quizzes. We're looking to sort out the people who watch the shows from the truest, bluest, hardcore fans. How can you show that you've got the goods? Put your wisdom on the line and take a quiz!
Want more MTV?
Check out the MTV Music Videos app to watch more than 16,000 videos on Facebook!
Check out the Facebook MTV page and become a fan!
Posted 3/21/08 5:25 pm EST by mtvn in show
4/14 Update: Thank you for the feedback on our new video player. For those who have had trouble watching our video, we appreciate your tremendous patience. We've been working hard to tackle all the problems that have been coming up. It can take time to figure out and reproduce an issue sometimes when we don't get many specifics, and we want to make sure we've tested our fixes thoroughly. For many of you who have been able to enjoy the new full episode video player, we have improvements on the way. Your feedback is invaluable, so please continue to let us know what you think.
3/18 Original Post: We're truly excited to launch our new full episode video player in time for the new episodes of The Hills premiering on March 24. We've been working hard to pack this new player with lots of improvements over our old video player. There's also many more features we have in store for you, and once it's more proven, we'll start rolling this player out to other shows.
We're still working out some kinks and tweaks but check out what’s new below. In the meantime, definitely let us know what you think… what you like, what's not working, what can be better, and anything else you’d like to see in our new video player. We may not have time to reply as much as we'd like, but rest assured we're reading and listening to your comments.
- Watch larger video with up to 3x improved video quality, color fidelity and resolution than previous video players on mtv.com without downloading additional software.
- The video player will automatic detect and dynamically optimize the streaming content to the highest level bit rate your internet connection can support for optimal viewing experience. Our Flash videos stream from 1.7 Mbps for higher connection speeds to 350 Kbps for modest connection speeds. Also, the player automatically displays 4:3 (full-screen) or 16:9 (widescreen) video in their native aspect ratio. We still give you the ability to change display sizes and optimize the bandwidth settings, but designed the video player to give you the best viewing experience without you having to do much but sit back and enjoy.
- We've redesigned the webpage to give the video center stage with minimal clutter, and not in a pop-up. The layout is optimized for 1024 x 768 monitor resolution in mind, so even the large view fits perfectly on your screen. Relevant content like songs from the episode and After Shows, along with access to other episodes of the series, are now one click away.
- Watching our shows online doesn’t just have to be passive. Our audience is part of everything we do and we want to hear what you think about the show via comments and ratings, share your favorite episodes with the community by adding to your profile, and share with your friends by posting or sending them the URL.
Are you handicapped at parties because you don't know all the new dances? Do you watch the latest videos and wish you could finesse the "Aunt Jackie" or Pop, Lock and Drop it with ease? We've made Dances From The Hood just for you.
Here, you get step-by-step instruction on all the latest moves from celeb choreographer/dancer Tweetie, who's danced onstage and in videos with the likes of Ciara, Jay-Z and Fergie. She makes it so easy that you'll be droppin' it like it's hot in no time.
You can watch video clips of folks just like you showing off their best moves and rate your favorites. Want to make your own video? Get a camera, put your best foot forward, and send it in!
Thanks, the MTV.com team
Short Circuitz is the ultimate online destination for TV parody!
Instead of getting lost in the shuffle at YouTube, budding filmmakers and comedy groups now have a platform devoted solely to getting their parodies out to the world.
Every week producers of the show will select a few uploaded parodies to be featured online and, based on user input, will also air 3 sketches as part of the show – and award $1,000 to the producer of each parody!
In addition to the wide assortment of user-uploaded parodies, the site will also feature all of Nick Cannon’s original creations, and all videos can be commented on and embedded anywhere.
Check back every week to see which user parodies made it on-air as well as the new videos by Nick and his crew!
YOMOMMA.TV capitalizes on the coolest and most interactive aspects of YO MOMMA - the jokes - and puts it in the hands of the users. The site provides a forum for users to engage in jovial joke battles, contribute to a massive catalog of jokes, and create a unique online identity.
The "hot or not" voting mechanism enhances interactivity and draws users in for extended periods of time from their first visit. Even un-registered users can participate!
The "Let's Bully" viral application uses cutting edge graphic integration and widget technology to spread awareness of and drive users back to the site. Technologically, there’s nothing out there quite like it. Oh yeah, and it's funny, too.
Yomomma.tv gives users the option to upload jokes in both video and text format so the content is always dynamic and engaging while providing a user-friendly experience. Check it out!
Always wanted to know what goes on behind-the-scenes of MTV's Pimp My Ride? Well, you're in luck! Pull up to the Pimp My Ride Blog to meet the car owners and read their personal stories.
Check back all season-long as the show's lucky car owners post their Pimp My Ride experiences, how they feel about their new cars, and what life is like with a truly pimped car after the cameras stop rolling.
Thanks, the MTV.com team
Every scar has a story. Some are gruesome. Some are funny. Some leave you wincing in phantom pain. All of them are riveting and that's what the Scarred blog is all about.
Inspired by the popular user generated clips of crashes, wipeouts and accidents that permeate the Internet, Scarred is an inside look at some of the most gruesome scars from around the country.
MTV tracks down some of these makeshift stunt men and women to find out what went wrong, what happened in the hospital and how they got Scarred. The result is a show that is almost too painful to watch. But watch you will. It's addictive, like a scab you can't stop picking at ...
So join tattoo-laden Papa Roach frontman Jacoby Shaddix, who leads MTV's tour through the ragtag world of skateboarders, bikers and other thrill-seeking daredevils on each episode of Scarred.
And when you're done watching, you'll want more. And that's why there's the Scarred blog, to keep the action going. Watch the clips posted on the blog, make your comments, share your own scar stories and tell your friends.
MTV's new reality series features Taquita & Kaui, two girls who met on MTV's hit series Making The Band 3. While they didn't make the final cut for Diddy's crew, Taquita and Kaui have since become the best of friends. Now, after a year of saving their money, they're ready to take another shot at showbiz... in Las Vegas!
What happens in Vegas ends up on their blog. Check out Taquita and Kaui's blog here to find out what they have to say about their adventure, the episodes and more. Feel free to leave them comments and questions -- they want to know what you have to say.
Thanks, the MTV.com team
The best in indie and alternative, brought to you daily, with two scoops of whatever it is that you want two scoops of.
Subterranean, the blog.
And we don't mind ripping off the copy of our own blog posts.
Thanks, the MTV.com team.
Into metal and all of its variants?
Then we have something for you.
Headbanger's Ball, the blog.
The best in metal gossip, news, and, of course, music videos.
Thanks, the MTV.com team.